The Linda Report: Seat belts & Crash Helmets

Seat belts & Crash Helmets

Had a wonderful Sunday! Went to Mass!

I've been praying the Liturgy of the Hours, saying many prayers and receiving the Eucharist each week from our good friend Nancy D-W. and it is sustaining, and I am appreciative, but still...


Last night I was so excited to be going to Mass. It was great to see people and be welcomed back to Mass, but it was even greater to be with the People. I had no idea that I so missed Him in His people, to be a part of the Body of Christ. What awesome power is there.

I closed my eyes and heard the voices in song, and felt the Holy Spirit alive in that room. It was wonderful. A few tears escaped - brief, joyful tears of gratitude and I don't think I've ever had a bigger smile on my face when I said AMEN when receiving the Lord in the Blessed Eucharist.

It's easy to take the Mass for granted. The readings, the priest, the prayers, the songs we've probably heard a thousand times, the surface things. Try as I might I can fall into the same trap of routine and forget the awesomeness.

But being grateful to be a part of that experience, opening the heart up to it at a deeper level - truly being present to the redemptive act of love going on and not allowing myself to be hampered by the surface things then WOW! It's like, and I can't remember who said this, but it wasn't me
"if Catholics realized what or rather Who they were about to enter each time we came to Mass the pews would come with seat belts and they'd hand out crash helmets!"

My deepest thanks to John and Begs for my transport to and from and for the visit in the car. See you at Mass!

"The Patient"

* Note to Begs and John - don't worry I've just had a lot of time to think, but didn't explain my philosophy, well at all. To use Hal's words "There she goes being Jesuitical again."

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

April 1, 2008 at 7:06 AM

Ha! I thought about it, and besides the quick delivery of randomness (which, you have to admit I usually deal with at work, not from you) it actually sank in and made sense.

Irony much? You should read last night's blog from me. I got home too late fromdrop add advising to call you, so I lost my mind and actually posted about it.

If I get fired, I'll blame you.    



April 1, 2008 at 8:16 PM

I read your blog. There is never a too late to call me!

But it wasn't so bad your job should be safe, good rant by the way. Very Loreliesque

And don't worry, I am keeping track of the stories for your memoirs or laugh about later ; )

P.S. I can use the mental stimulation beyond looking up the latin that gets spewed upon me when I go to my medical visits. I enjoy other people's craziness right now. Well not really enjoy, that sounds evil, but it's a good distraction.    



» Post a Comment