The Linda Report: Dulce libre!

Dulce libre!

I got sprung today for the first non post-op related outing! YES!

Beth G came screaming by in her hot rod Honda : ) and whisked me to Kaiteur!- Just had to be the first place I went. It was like returning to Cheers. The welcome there is so sincere, and the welcome back even warmer if possible. Moose and Erin where a breath of fresh air as always. He's made it such a great community hang out. Had the specialty of the day a Truffle Latte - fully leaded and with all the good stuff! It was great. Thank you Beth for a splendid first adventure!


Before he left for the office, our favorite Sports Editor asked with a smile on his face, "was that you and Beth I heard this morning screaming like teenagers who got their father's convertible for the day"? I said with an even bigger smile "Yes it was"! He was more nervous than he tried to let on when I told him I was going out today, but God love him, he was happy for me. I know how I felt when he started going out after his surgery, and he didn't faint at the doctor's office. I've been told before, that that man is a saint. He really is the best. Course I'm kind of partial : )

Received the Wednesday call from Bego - aka Maria J. and laughed with her about the saga of teaching in the trenches. My grandmother, a teacher for over 40 years always said, "True teachers are born not made, you can't help teach what you are." Here's to one of the best - Maria J.

Nurse D and I had a great spiritual discussion today while she changed my bandages. Being able to talk about God with the medical professionals who have worked with me is something that has touched me about this experience. There is Grace everywhere, you just have to keep yourself open to it. Like a sponge with it's pores open, you just soak it in. I'm just sayn'. She is encouraged by the way the bottom incision looks, which makes me encouraged. Every day is a day towards being healed and back.

Back to the memoirs of Julia Dent Grant

Peace,
"The Patient"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment