The Linda Report: No Hat Trick

No Hat Trick

If yesterday's visit was compared to a hockey game - I had two goals, but missed the Hat Trick.

Dr. G changed the dressing procedure to see how it goes. She has ordered the top of the incision to be steri stripped or rather she cleaned and steri stripped and said not to let anyone touch it until she sees it next Tuesday. Check Chief. The culture came back this week as negative so I am off the antibiotic trail or my sister says "You don't have the funk! - excellent." She shoots and scores Linda 1 Incisions 0

Although I'm still not cleared to drive yet, Jeff still is tooling around in my car so if it's out and about it's not me, I am allowed to have friends pick me up to go out for an hour or two so long as I don't over do it. I have to say the cabin fever is beginning to set in so that was joyful news. Slap shot off the post and it's good!Linda 2 - Incisions 0

The bottom incision is looking healthy and is shallow, she gets the shot off. But it is still rather wide, so it gets the daily dressing changes still. It's just going to take some time to heal, no good, it's deflected at the last minute. Linda wins 2-0 but no hat trick today folks. Still 2-0 gets you a win in a hockey game and is all to the good... I know I need to get out of the house.

So to try to keep myself distracted, I was trying to get to a large box of already developed photos today to start some scrap booking which I realized I couldn't move. There was a ray of light though because I came across a couple of boxes of religious items. When my grandmothers passed away my aunts, maternal and fraternal decided I should "Get all this religious stuff" at the time I was thinking, so I'm the one who gets to figure out how to get rid of the pieces of broken rosaries huh? O.K.

I started going through and found some pretty neat things. There are some beautiful and sentimental rosaries, some items for the SPX treasure box and other interesting items which will be displayed in the prayer room here. Specifically there were some class three and possibly a class two relics, some housed in crucifixes and some chaplets - Sts. Ann, Jude and Our Lady of Sorrow. There was a two sided picture frame that belonged to my great grandmother with a picture of my great grandfather young and handsome and on the other side the Little Flower St. Therese of Jesus with a class three relic. There were various prayer books and if anyone reads French a stations of the cross in that language. Barb - we have a larger booklet on the Infant of Prague, maybe we'll figure out by he gets dressed the way he does.

I asked my mother to review the items with me and it was like touching the past to know that these family members I feel I know from all the stories shared with me or knew only briefly when I was very young, actually touched, and prayed with these items. There's something about knowing that I have my faith today because of these people and their lives of faith that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Also interesting getting to know more about them by their devotions to particular saints or titles of the Blessed Mother.

Other things that give me the warm fuzzies - each day I receive a card or phone call and appreciate so much all the prayers and gestures of love that I receive from my here and now "family"- : )

God Bless -
"The Patient"
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

March 18, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Ooh! I know this one! I saw the Infant of Prague while in Prague. It has eighty-something dresses. Not sure why so many, but I'm pretty sure it came with a Spanish princess when she was married off to some Eastern European noble. Ok, so maybe I don't know so much, but it was a random side stop after a long day of touring that included Auschwitz, and my mental clarity was subpar. I tried.    



March 19, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Double posting, huh? I see how it is.

The Infant of Prague is high on my list of weirdness, especially the dress thing. But dear Laura is right, it was a Spanish gift to the Bohemians (I know you love that). The devotion makes sense, too--a little anyway. It is all about the Incarnation, and jesus started out as a baby, thus, it is the "firstish" image of Him incarnate.

That's it in a nutshell. The dress thing continues to be weird, but it seems to be a very old tradition. I remember my grandmother used to help dress a statue of St. Barbara (for a lady who never went to church--I could wax about THAT and other scary things you know about, but let's just end it here).    



March 19, 2008 at 6:13 PM

The double post was sadly unintentional. Just forgot to sign in as Gill. Thanks for the info. Your comments validate what I had been taught at home, but still the dress code for the Infant - different. Guess could consider it regal, as befits a King.    



September 3, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Very interesting post, thanks you admin for this wonderful information.
The Freemasonry    



» Post a Comment