The Linda Report: Day 11: Good Stew

Day 11: Good Stew

Our favorite patient had another peaceful day Sunday, resting, reading and relaxing, although she did break one rule, the one about not lifting anything heavy.
SPX music director Hal B (aka Haliburton) provided dinner tonight, a delicious Cracker Stew with baked sweet potatoes and bread. Amy and Kenny M. provided the salad, as all three came for dinner and a visit.
In fact, I have to admit Hal's meal might have been the best so far. It definitely gave Jason, the professional chef, and Coach Button a run for their money.
It was truly a wonderful evening as Hal regaled us with stories of growing up in the South.
Kenny also figured out what was wrong with our kitchen sink. It pays to know a plumber sometimes.
Meanwhile, our favorite patient broke a rule by lifting one end of the mattress as we changed the sheets on the bed. She said I wasn't doing it right. She said it all was "boonched" up at the bottom. "Boonched" is one of her made-up words. In fact, she has several words like that she uses from time to time (another example of Linda-ease would be ginormous). Apparently, the proper amount of "boonching" is the key to making a bed. Who knew?
I told her she was breaking the rules, but she didn't seem to care. I told her from now until the end of her recovery when I make the bed, she'll be in another room far, far away.
We're turning in early tonight for a couple reasons. First, we stayed up too late last night. And second, I go back to work tomorrow, so I'll need to get up earlier in the morning to take care of some errands and a couple domestic duties.
For all those concerned about me going back to work and leaving our favorite patient alone, she's fine as long as she doesn't do anything crazy. She has promised that she will not do anything stupid when I'm not here.
Besides, my actual hours at work will not be all that long, depending on the day. In fact, I plan to finish things up in the evening from home.

So good night and once again thanks for all your prayers and thoughts, we are truly blessed to have some many friends.


Jeff
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

February 25, 2008 at 12:47 AM

36. I'm just sayin' (another Linda-ism).    



February 25, 2008 at 10:11 AM

I use ginormous, too! :-) Turns out it really IS a word according to dictionary.com.

Main Entry: ginormous
Part of Speech: adj
Definition: simply huge; extremely large
Etymology: 1948-53; giant + enormous
Usage: ginormously, adv

P.S. Being from da 'Burgh, don't you say "yins?"    



February 25, 2008 at 3:57 PM

Jeff,

You know what might be cool (and useful) is a menu menu! That means a seperate listing with the dinners you've received so we don't have to read through the blog to see what you've been eatng (and to keep us from duplicating the same meal :)

The SPX Girls    



February 26, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Jeff! What happened to Day 12? Way to slack off ;-)    



February 27, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Laura beat me to the slacker comment, so ditto here. Slacker.    



February 27, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Hey! What gives? I miss my LINDA REPORT!

Please ask the patient to check her personal e-mail...

Thanks, and may God bless...

DAD    



February 28, 2008 at 9:57 PM

I hope no news is good news! I'm missing my updates. :-)    



» Post a Comment