The Linda Report: Day Ten: A Visit from the Boss, and it wasn't Bruce Springsteen

Day Ten: A Visit from the Boss, and it wasn't Bruce Springsteen

Our favorite patient had only visitor today, her boss, Fr. John stopped by this evening. He brought her some work-related reading material to keep her mind fresh.

She also watched some kind of the crazy Japanimation thing on the portable DVD player. I don't think she understood it fully. Apparently, her sister gave it to her to watch because she didn't understand it, either.

Her sister, Elaine, made some of her famous potatoes with dinner. They were quite delicious.

As for myself today (actually Saturday since it's early in the morning Sunday while I'm doing this. I fixed the time issue on here. Thanks for the tip), I spent the most time away from our favorite patient since prior to the surgery. Duty called. I covered not one, but two, girls basketball state playoff games in Decatur and Atlanta. Let's just say it wasn't a good day for the local teams. Southwest DeKalb is awesome. I'll be shocked if they don't win it all in Class AAAA.

After dinner, we capped off the evening by watching two more episodes from season two of Northern Exposure. To tell you the truth, I'd forgotten how funny that show can be.

Next up for our viewing pleasure is season two of Father Ted, a Britcom. After that, I'm going to try to hook her on ER. We've got the first season. It should be easy, I've already turned her into a West Wing junkie.

In response to one of the comments on the post about college students staying up late, I must concur. I never took a class before noon after the first semester of my sophomore year. The normal bed time was about 3 a.m., just about the same time as tonight. As I've often said, if you didn't have to go to class, college would be the ultimate four-or-more-year vacation.


Who knows what tomorrow (I mean later today) will bring.



Jeff
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment