The Linda Report: A day way out of the zip code

A day way out of the zip code

Feeling good, I slept well again last night. Spent the evening at the regional tennis tournament in Danielsville, Ga. And got the chance to the be staff sports photographer. I'm eating that up.

They have a really well put together complex - two sets of four tennis courts; well groomed baseball field and track; well appointed restroom facilities and concession stand with the football stadium across the road. Parking wasn't as bad as I thought it would be as there was a track meet, baseball game and the tennis tournament all going on at the same time.

I haven't watched a tennis match since I was in high school, but some of the rules came back to me as we watched. It's one of the only high school sporting events I've been too that there is an expected decorum - general quiet, no pictures during play.

Jeff plays in the fantasy football league with Coach C. and the parents are a hospitable bunch making me feel welcome. There seems to be a real camaraderie between the players on the team as well. After they received their first place trophy, there were "more pictures than a wedding" (Jeff) inviting the parents and all their teammates in multiple configurations and we experienced a rousing inter-school game of "bobsledding".








We ended the evening with a trip (my first) to the Varsity thank you again to Coach C and I sampled the famous chili dog and onion rings. I think I'd be better off with the naked dog - but those O Rings were good. There will be miles to pay in the next few days, but it was worth it for the experience of the Varsity.
*N.B. - For quite some time on the way there, we were behind a large blue crane truck with a pig riding nonchalantly in a rusty crate in the back. Like just another day in the life of this pig, riding around in the back of a truck. Very "Arnold Ziffle". You can keep Manhattan, just give me that country side.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment