The Linda Report: In the Big Top

In the Big Top

Well I had my kiester kicked, self-realization wise this week. It occurred to me Tuesday that I am not quite up to juggling all the balls I apparently do on a daily basis.

Who took the balls?

Where did the balls go?

Of course Jeff pointed out that from their personal experience of returning to work after major surgery, both he and Dr. M warned me to expect this, the result of anesthesia, total change of environment etc. "Tired", I though, I live tired, and I attributed their warnings to some sort of "man speak." : ) But like so many other events, I have to live it to understand it. Had I been truly listening they meant a new tiredness - bone weariness in mind and in body like I've never felt before. Wisdom noted gentlemen.

Type A much? Just sayn'. I reasoned that being out of work another two weeks would help me to be even more prepared mentally as well as physically to return. Pride goeth before the fall!

The good news is I hear that this weariness is temporary.
So be gentle with me. You might not see me on the rel ed hall for sessions this week, but I'm around getting acclimated to my avocation.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment