The Linda Report: Day Two: Endless visitors and gifts

Day Two: Endless visitors and gifts

Well, our favorite patient is doing well afer two days.
First, the medical update: Dr. G. was quite impressed with her progress. She actually made five laps in the morning around the second floor and four in the vening. In fact, she no longer has the pain pump. She now has to ask for her pain medication. In the evening, she had a rough time with some of the new pain medication (it begins with a D or a P. I forget which one), but she had bounced back by the time visting hours ended.
Dr. G. says she could come home as early as Saturday. We'll see how that goes tomorrow. There are still a couple things medically that need to happen for her to come home.
Now to the visitors and gifts, and where do we begin.
Our youth minister Christina was the first vistor in the morning. She told her boss not to send her any more e-mails. She even brought her some magazines, I think at least, to devert the patient's attention. I grudgingly gave her back her pocket PC on Thursday. I am considering revoking her privledges again. I believe I made a mistake.
Visitation really picked up in the afternoon after lunch. Charlotte Y. stopped in and brought her a stuffed animal and some lotion.
After that, Rah-Rah M. (you'll have to guess who she is. but I'll give you a hint. Have you ever heard the saying: Once a head cheerleader, always a head cheerleader?) stopped by with a statue of the Blessed Mother and balloons. Dr Mike also paid a visit at the end of his rounds.
After they left, the rowdy bunch came in the form of Bego (Maria J.), Beth G. and Captain Barb. Beth G. marveled at the size of the room and the size of the bathroom. Maria was her usual charming self, and she bestowed a new MP3 player on the patient. Captain Barb was delightful as always. Beth G. delivered a hand-made card from Anna G. It was immediately placed on the bulletin board.
The Terrific Trio suggested that perhaps our favorite patient should hand out numbers to grant audiences since has a nice lounge are in front of her room.
Alexandra stopped in for a visit and brought a lovely robe as a gift. I'm sure it has a specific term, but I'm a man and those things are foreign to me. So we'll go with robe.
Before I made a brief pit stop at work, Fr. John made a quick check on the patient. He brought a church bulletin to keep the patient informed of the goings-on at St. Pius while she's out.
While I was gone, the patient participated in a survey administered by someone from the hospital front office. She gave everything so far execellent grades.
During the day, flowers arrived from Mary S. and Mike and Jill W. and their kids. The staff at St. Pius sent a fruit basket filled with fruit, cookies, cheese and crackers.
Of course, the most important visitor was the patient's sister Elaine, who stayed with her most of the day.
The previously announced visit of Deacon Bill from Alabama did not materialize. However, word has trickled in from Alabama that he and Wylone are coming on Saturday.
On the homefront, Chole, our dog, still misses her mom and went to great lengths this morning in search of her. She even went in our bathroom, which is a no-no because it has a shower and could be a potential place for a bath.
As for me, for the second straight night, I'm dealing with some insomnia. That's why I'm posting this at nearly 5 in the morning. I don't think I'll get a good night's sleep until she comes home.
Well, I think that's all for now. I finally feel sleepy. If I forgot to mention anyone or any gifts, please forgive me, my mind is a little fried right now.

Jeff

P.S. I know I'm good writer since I do it for a living. But a little feedback and encouragement from the masses would be a big help.
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

February 16, 2008 at 6:06 AM

Love your updates,Jeff, written like a true sports reporter. You put us right in the room with her play by play.PERFECTO! Now I don't miss her tooooo much if that is possible. Sending lots of hugs and love. Judy    



February 16, 2008 at 8:11 AM

Bahaha. I love Judy's comment.

The Fabulous Miss "L" looked fetching in her lovely hospital gown with the faded flower print, and accessorized well with the oxygen tube shoved, I mean, gently resting against her delicate nose.

You, on the other hand, really need to get some sleep. The scary part is over. You've been saturated with estrogen--I recommend you hijack D.C. and grab a beer when he gets here.

The updates are great! Keep 'em coming!    



February 16, 2008 at 8:13 AM

Hm. DC=DB, aka, deacon bill    



February 16, 2008 at 8:16 AM

Hi! Let Ms. Linda know I prayed for her on Thursday and will continue to pray for her. I miss all of you! I wish I could visit her, but this will have to suffice.
Love,
Elizabeth G.    



February 16, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Like Elizabeth, I'm pretty flippin grateful for this blog, Jeff. Indiana never seems that far away from GA until you really, really want to be home. Thanks for the updates.    



» Post a Comment